Monday, May 15, 2006

greetings!


Vendors at the Taj (people will run up to you to buy stuff and just will not leave you alone)

So here's the thing as soon as you enter the Taj area a bunch of people will come up to you and try to sell stuff. They will always lower their price till you say yes...and if you do say yes they will tell you to buy more it's nuts...so i decided to turn it to a little game because it got really frustrating for the the person that was taking care of us. So I decided to take a picture of all of the ones that came up to me secretly...so i would just talk to them till i got them in to a good pose and shoot..the one guy with the sweater around his neck and orange shirt i found to be just hilarious...(reminded me of pat for some reason)but yeah he was my first victim told me to come by these mini taj mahal's made out of real marble...went back and forth with like 3 vendors saying oh this person offererd me a lower price ... then they would come back with a lower one...then he showed me this egg with an elephant inside..and after i said now he was like how bout an egg with elephant inside and then inside that elephant another egg...so i was like well then...what i'm really look for is an egg with an elephant inside and inside that other egg another elephant and inside that elephant...another egg...he looked confused...i know it's evil but really they do not leave you alone so i decided to entertain myself.

The next guy is the whip guy...

i pretty much told him...wow yeah it's nice...real leather huh? then..what the heck am i goin to do with a whip??? and tim was like oh sorry i have like 10 of them already and spent all my money on opium and hookers.

The 3rd guy was chasing our car with a bag of water...enough said...this is only a few of the vendors...i have pics of a lot more....enjoy...

a james and cecile IM:
james: this place is nuts...i had chinese food listening to country music while watching soccer in India
cecile: nice. hahaha. good. the world is big
cecile: let's go australia
james: yeah...i'm a little drunk right now...our vendor's president took us out...tim is getting ready to throw up right now...it's crazy his apartment was no bigger then your room.
james: took us out to the market...bought me some shirts and a skirt for gift for whoever wants it....we discuss his poetry...while this person he got from the province or something makes us food
cecile: perfect. what time is it?
james: almost midnight
cecile: what you drink?
james: king fishers...like 7 of them
cecile: wow. is that beer?
james: which is nuts...i had that my first night...stuff is gross. it's a beer that they wouldn't stop serving me
james: that's the thing. you say no more please
cecile: they give you more.
james: and they give you like 10
cecile: good!

here's another one...this one kid called me out...cuz i told him sorry i can't buy your chess board because i had no cash on me (and i really didn't) and he was like ok show me your wallet! if you don't have cash i'll give it to you for free...if you do I get to keep the cash...poor kid didn't know what he was gettin into...as i was about to pull out my wallet...but then though naw...he's got it hard enough...and i don't think he would've gave me the chessboard and i would get mad and make a scene.

oh yeah everybody pees on the side of the road...and with all the traffic i was like wow i'm surprised i haven't seen any accidents yet...and as soon as i said that i saw some poor motorcyclilist get run over...lots of blood pretty gory...had to turn my head away ... quick...did not want to take a picture of that...next will be my pics and stories of the engrish signs.

-James

5 Comments:

Blogger cecile marie said...

kay said you're a meanie

6:36 PM  
Blogger ANNA said...

aaaw james i love how you sign your name at the end of your blog entry!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

very cool x2!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Patrick Ballesteros said...

Get me a cool book, with nice pictures of the people or places! Go to Bollywood!

8:47 PM  
Blogger mr. cool said...

Hey Boyfriend! Glad to hear you're having the "time of your life" like Jennifer Love Hewitt over there! Can you buy me a whip???

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home